Thinking back on 2008, it must have been the most eventful year of my life. Here’s a rough outline of major events in chronological order — some good, some bad (I’ll do a separate post with riding highlights soon).
- Found out that my riding buddy, Dave, had a wreck and injured his spinal cord (he is recovering very well, and is back to riding the trails)
- Got engaged
- Had my wisdom teeth removed
- Celebrated Sarah’s graduation from grad school
- Took a trip to North Carolina and Virginia, to explore some job possibilities for Sarah. While there, I was hit by a car (which then “ran”). I had some scrapes and a broken/dislocated finger, which still hurts sometimes (it happened in June). Then our car broke down. We did manage to see some beautiful sights while we were there, but the trip was pretty much a complete bust. Sarah did not get either job. Actually, we thought she was getting the one in Virginia, and just as we thought they were going to make an offer, they told us they had a hiring freeze, and could not fill the position.
- Got married
- Moved to Pennsylvania, since Sarah found a job here. I kept my job, and have been working from home.
- Found out I’m getting laid off from my job. December 31 (tomorrow) will be my last day.
- Took steps to form my own company providing Web development and other services. This is the first I’ve mentioned it on the blog, I’ll say more later.